Can You Be Friends With An Ex?
Can you be friends with your ex? And a better question, is it a good idea? The idea of being a platonic friend of a person who was once your sexual partner is not rare. In fact, many people have done so. This proves that it is very much possible, however, it comes with certain advantages and disadvantages that we will look at.
Being friends with your ex has a good number of pros. Let’s look at them below:
- Being friends with your ex can be the best opportunity to discover the reasons why things ended between the two of you when dating in Canada.
- They are easy to befriend, you don’t have to go through the initial phase of getting to know each other all over again.
- You can have a person who truly understands and appreciates you.
- Your decision to be friends with your ex is a great sign of emotional maturity, which can help you develop the other relationships you have.
- Opens up a window that enables you to see a version of your ex you never thought existed.
- Your ex can help you identify any problems your relationship ran into to prevent you from making the same mistakes in future relationships.
- It’s a good chance at showing them you truly care for them as an individual and your relationship wasn’t solely based on intimacy.
Dating your ex is pretty risky and comes with its own set of disadvantages. Here are some of the most common ones:
- There is a reason why they are your ex, befriending them can stir up negative emotions from the past.
- Being friends with your ex can be very tempting. If you are alone, you could do something that could end your friendship too.
- The old feeling can come back and the friendship can be put in jeopardy if these feelings are met with rejection.
- Sometimes the friendship can feel forced, this means one or both parties may become uncomfortable.
- A friend who was once your ex can get in the way of your current or future relationships, which is usually as a result of jealousy.
- You’re still trying to get over the breakup this makes you emotionally vulnerable and increases your chances of making more mistakes.
Everyone has their own opinion on being friends with your ex. However, it is important to remember that there isn’t a correct answer as to if t is a good idea or not. Everyone has their own way of dealing with it. So, if you want to be friends with home or her, don’t let anyone else stop you from doing so.
If you live in Canada and want to avoid a situation where you have to become friends with your ex, joining an online site might be a good option for you. Your odds of finding a long-lasting relationship are higher when you use a dating site to find a partner. So what are you waiting for?